By following this guide, you’ll be able to install and use The Crew Kodi addon. The Crew can be added once you have Kodi installed on your device. If you haven’t already done that, you can click here to install Kodi.
Kodi can be installed on almost any device, e.g. Firestick, Fire Cube, Nvidia Shield, Android box, Chromecast, phones, tablets, PC and more. This guide uses a Fire TV Stick 4K MAX; however, the steps are similar on other devices.
Table of Contents
What is The Crew Addon?
The Crew is undoubtedly a perfect addon. Because it’s an all-in-one Kodi addon, you’ll find lots of on-demand content. Categories include Movies, TV Shows, 1 Clicks, Kids, Sports, and more. As well as on-demand content, The Crew also has an excellent IPTV section for access to thousands of live TV channels from across the globe.
This addon chiefly searches and scrapes free links from online databases and websites. However, The Crew works particularly well with Real Debrid. Real Debrid, to clarify, is a premium service that searches for premium-quality links. This provides many more links in buffer-free and high quality, up to 4K in resolution.
This addon is also compatible with Trakt. This is a great tool to synchronise your favourite movies, shows, watchlists and more across multiple devices and applications. With Trakt, you can always keep on top of what you’re watching and, what’s more, never miss an episode!
|Compatability||Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia|
|Type of Addon||All-in-one|
|Content||Movies, TV Shows, Sports IPTV, Kids, 1 Clicks|
|Free Sources||✅ Yes|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid and others|
|Trakt Support||✅ Yes|
Is The Crew Addon Legal?
Due to the nature of this addon, it is impossible to verify whether The Crew is indeed legal. However, most links scraped from databases and websites are unlikely to hold the proper licencing for distributing the content. In reality, this means you will be unlawfully streaming copyrighted content. Doing so could get you into legal trouble. Accordingly, you may prefer to use this app with a VPN.
In order to stream anonymously, stay protected, and unlock the internet, I recommend using NordVPN.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: As has been noted, streaming copyrighted content is unlawful and could get you into legal trouble. On account of this, we do not condone the streaming of copyrighted content. Therefore, check your local laws for streaming content online before doing so. Consequently, the information on this website is for general information and educational purposes only.
How to Install The Crew Addon
The Crew addon can be installed by following the steps below. Before you start, please ensure that you already have Kodi installed on your device. You’ll also need to change the Kodi settings to allow the installation of addons from unknown sources. If you have already changed this setting, you can go to the next section to Install The Crew Repository.
Before you can install this addon, Kodi must be able to allow installations from unknown sources. This involves 1 quick change to the settings which will then allow you to install unofficial or 3rd party addons.
- Open Kodi, then select Settings (cog icon).
- Select System.
- Tap down the menu on the left so that Add-ons is highlighted.
- Tap to the right, then select the Unknown sources toggle to turn it on.
- Read the warning, then select Yes.
- Press the back button on your remote in order to return to the System menu.
You can now install unofficial or 3rd party addons!
Install The Crew Repository
The Crew addon can presently be found in The Crew Repository. Install the repository by following the steps below. If you already have The Crew repo, you can skip to the next section to Install The Crew Addon.
- Open the Kodi Settings.
- Select File Manager.
- Then select Add source.
- Select the box labelled < None >.
- Then enter the following URL exactly as you see it: https://team-crew.github.io/
- Select OK.
- Tap down, then select Enter a name for this media source.
- Enter crew or any other name you’d rather use to identify this media source.
- Then select OK.
- Press the back button on your remote several times until you are back at the System menu.
- Select Add-ons.
- Select Install from zip file, then select Yes if you get a warning message on the screen.
- Tap down, then select crew (or any other name you used to identify this media source).
- Then select the zip file repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip
- Select OK.
- Wait until a confirmation message appears in the top-right corner of the screen that the installation is complete.
The Crew Repository has been successfully installed!
Install The Crew Addon
Once you have installed the repository, any addon within it can easily be installed with just a few more steps. The Crew addon can be installed by following the steps below.
- Make sure that you are in the Add-ons menu.
- Then select Install from repository.
- Select The Crew Repo.
- Then select Video add-ons.
- Select The Crew.
- Then select Install.
- Select OK.
- Wait until a confirmation message appears in the top-right corner of the screen and a tick is showing next to The Crew addon.
The Crew Kodi addon has been successfully installed!
Link Real Debrid to The Crew Addon
- Open The Crew addon, then tap down the menu and select Tools.
- Then select ResolveURL:Settings.
- Tap down the menu on the left so that Universal Resolvers 2 is highlighted.
- Then tap to the right and tap down under the Real Debrid heading.
- Select (Re)Authorize My Account.
- Note the code displayed on the screen, as you’ll need it later.
- Open a web browser, then go to real-debrid.com/device.
- Login to your Real Debrid account if not already logged in.
- Enter the code that you made a note of earlier.
- Then select Continue.
- Your Real Debrid account is now linked and will display a Success message within The Crew addon.
How to Search
Once you’ve installed The Crew addon, it’s easy to use and search for a particular movie or TV show. Find out how by following the steps below.
How to Add to Favourites
If you have a favourite movie or TV show that you’d like quick and easy access to, then just add it to your favourites! Find out how by following the steps below.
How to Link Trakt to The Crew
The Crew is undeniably one of the most popular Kodi addons. With everything that it has to offer, it’s no wonder it is used by so many. As shown above, you can search, integrate your Real Debrid and Trakt accounts and favourite movies and TV shows. If you need further help, select from one of the following options.